Sunday, August 12, 2012

Breastfeeding

First of all I would just like to say that I have absolutely no problem with formula feeding. Sometimes mothers can't breastfeed, and for some, breastfeeding just isn't for them. That is not something people should be judged upon! This is simply about my personal experience with breastfeeding.


I am a first time mum of a beautiful 4 month old boy named Noah, whom I am exclusively breastfeeding. I love it! I love the closeness of it, I love the special bond between mother and baby, I love the health benefits from it, I just love everything about it. This wasn't always the case though. At first I struggled a lot with breastfeeding, I wasn't expecting it to be so painful to begin with and i did not enjoy it... at all. There were times where I was beyond ready to give up, there were a lot of tears and I believed it was never going to get any better. But with the support of my wonderful partner and a bit of determination, I got through it!

I understand that some people don't have anyone there to support them, so something else that I used to do to motivate myself was Google people in the same situation and read what got them through it. I also used to Google the benefits of breastfeeding (I have listed some below), which motivated me give my son the best I could. So if you're reading this to help you through the hard times of breastfeeding (or maybe you just find this interesting (hopefully)) then I hope I help you and I hope this blog inspires you to continue breastfeeding because it does get better I promise.

  • It provides antibodies for your baby
  • It created a special bond between you and baby
  • It's relaxing
  • It's good for you (helps you lose that baby weight)
  • It's easy and convenient 
  • IT'S FREE!!! 

    And that's just to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment